Sunday, November 6, 2011

Camera less photo walk

How difficult is it to do this?!! Really when I usually have at the very least my phone with me or my trusty point and shoot hidden away in my huge bag. So I walked around our yard we have 9 acres so there is quite a lot to see. I like to take my photos either early in the morning (which lately hasn't happened as we are just into Spring here and I don't like to get out of bed early when it's cold, sorry but a cup of tea and the newspaper propped up with my comfy pillows wins out) or late in the afternoon.

We have huge gum trees in our yard and the sun glints through the leaves and I love the light it creates. I love the glint of the sun on the long grasses that move slowly in the breeze. I love the reflection on the water in the birdbath, the shadows created in the garden beds. The mauve and pink glow of the hydrangea petals. The veins of the leaves lit from behind and like stained glass. I love the spider webs catching the rays and glistening in the sun. I love it when I have watered the garden and the drops of water hang precariously on the tips of leaves and petals and the sunlight catches itself in each one. I love the grey clouds hanging low in the sky and the pink sun setting over the hills. I love the webs of many ground spiders stretched from each blade of grass and shining like silk in the dimming sunlight. I saw all of this in my yard today, no camera sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you paint a wonderful picture with your words Kim! What a beautiful place, right at your doorstep. I can see how it would be difficult to see all of this without capturing it. Now go, run, get that camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not have had a camera, but you captured some exquisite images anyway. I loved all the details you observed and described so beautifully. It sounds like a wonderful place to live.

    ReplyDelete